Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Lolane PixXel Light Ash Blonde


I think I may have found a cheap decent alternative for a quick silver/ash hair. And it was staring at me in the face all along.
Have you ever visited a lot of beauty drug stores and browse at endless hair dye products searching for THE ONE.. Suddenly you saw this thin box with broken english description, somewhat plain packaging and is hella cheap. You're like, "Is this even legal lol. No way I'm putting this on my hair." You leave with the impression of disgust and promise you'll never touch that product again.
Sometimes, I couldn't be more wrong. Haha.
Apparently nowadays books aren't the only ones you shouldn't judge by cover alone.



The product itself is very straight forward. Explains why it's cheaper than most hair dye brands. For 139php (roughly 3$) you get the colorant, 12% developer and the manual (w/c nobody reads).

I know right, 12% is kinda harsh. But such is the life of fake blondes. LOL
We can minimize the use of dyes tho, by using purple shampoo. Then just dye your roots every 3months or what.
In any case, I know this product is cheap but it works. It did give me ash hair and saved me from the brassy yellow horror. Please have common sense not to use this on unforgivable dark hair though. Cuz this will not brighten your hair or bleach it. At most it can only change the current tone of your hair to ash.



。◕‿◕。 Instagram// Tumblr// Twitter// Facebook// 。◕‿◕。

22 comments:

  1. I've seen this in drugstores, too! I didn't know products as cheap as this could work wonders. Glad you found it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually wouldn't dare try this if it wasn't for my friend who vouched for this dye ahaha. Now i can sleep sound at night knowing that I can go silver ash without burning a hole in my pocket :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh white looks so good on you yapo ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you ma cherie!
    The maintenance is killing me but I will try my best to distance myself from black hair for awhile~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh this is gorgeous. I'm looking for something to ash up my hair when my blue dye washes out enough. Remembering this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. themarshmallowtimesOct 8, 2014, 8:49:00 PM

    Did you bleach your own hair? If yes, what brand did you use? I keep having my hair bleached but it comes out kinda gold-ish blonde than platinum blonde (which is what I'd like to have) It looks so sad. :( Btw, awesome hair, and thanks for the recommendation~ (★^O^★)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know this dye brand o.o it's so good!
    I love your colour hair *-* silver looks very good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. never hurt to try :D Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Try using a toner to achieve platinum blonde :)
    Manic Panic virgin snow will def solve your problem :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you dear! Im not sure if this brand is available in your country. It says its from Thailand XD

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't found "the one" yet, most ash colours turn greenish on me even when I specifically buy violet ash colour... Maybe this is just human error and I need to seek professional help hahaha. This hair colour looks really good on you!! I'm so jealous T-T ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think they sell it on internet :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. themarshmallowtimesOct 10, 2014, 12:45:00 AM

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used to have the same sentiments about Lolane Pixxel brand, but after trying it... it's one of those cheap alternatives I now swear by! :) You have an awesome hair, btw.


    http://www.jamiegaviola.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. just perfect <3 is there aniway i can buy this here? XD even though i already gave up on ash hair again, because the toners i made did not work for shiet unfortunately.. = = i had annoying golden roots, wich patches of yellow and platina hair... why is dyeing so hard, especially on long hair :C

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait to go back to platinum blonde. It's hard finding cheap alternatives. I got my white hair by chance. I just used purple shampoo. Hopefully next time I get the same results.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've tried the Lolane Pixxel too before I saw your post! It worked amazingly on you!

    What I think it's best for is really light bleached hair. Since I still have some evenness and darkness on my shaft from previous DIY experiments, that part turned out dark gray which isn't what I was going for. However, the fresh yellow roots turned to a nice silver-gray. For long, dense hair like mine, I recommend 3 boxes.

    TL;DR I recommend this too for anyone who wants silver hair, but the warning is that they have to make sure the hair is light light enough or it will only look gray.

    ReplyDelete
  18. can i use this as a toner? ^,^ or will it just turn brassy hair into gray?

    ReplyDelete
  19. depends what shade your hair is right now.. if it's not light enough it'll just turn into ashy shade :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Will it turn my hair an ashy shade? because i have a coppery hair and it looks terrible, will it tone my hair? :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. What's the color of your hair before this?

    ReplyDelete
  22. i used it to my hair and it didnt turn white like urs it just turned more blonde like near yellow

    ReplyDelete