Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Coloured Raine In Truffle


Salem is the first product from Lime Crime that I’ve tried and I’ve fallen head over heels with it~ It was every bit of truth from the Velvetines hype. However within only 5months of usage it ran out and ever since then I’ve been in the look out for a dupe. There are a lot of heated discussions on blogs and forums for alternative products but Coloured Raine’s Truffle is what convinced me most.


Product + shipping to UK is $26 all in all. A hefty price for me but I wouldn’t go all this way if I wasn’t desperate to get my empty Salem tube a replacement. It arrived after a week which is hmmmm so-so.. (considering I paid 10$)
Packaging is highly subjective but to me it is dull and uninteresting. The box itself looked like a medicine cream you buy for acnes.. I do hope in the future they step it up because their product line up and shades are great!

It has a runny choco-smelling formula which distributes thinly and dries matte, a little product will go a long way depending on your desired finish. As for me, I don’t apply it full throttle, I like to keep it in a semi gradient style which I’m most comfortable with and consumes least product haha. Though I can’t seem to build up a darker color even when I layer it. It also doesn’t dry as fast and I find the product easily transferring on my teeth which is a catastrophe if I forget to check~!

I noticed a few cons here and there but it is over shadowed by how amazing the quality is. The brown shade doesn’t disappoint and its staying power is just as strong. I do recommend this to people who are looking for a Lime Crime Salem dupe however this is a wonderful product by its own right too.


。◕‿◕。 Instagram// Tumblr// Twitter// Facebook// 。◕‿◕。

21 comments:

  1. Grabe talaga LimeCrime. I really wanted to buy from them pero lol, grabe lakas maka-scam ni Doe. I don't want my money to go to those kind of people :| Buti nalang 3CE has colors similar to what I like. Hirap makahanap for Salem but since they do say LC repackages, for sure mahahanap mo rin yung ~original~ nyan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, im not willing to risk my money din tbh. I wish makahanap ako ng repackages but for now, this one is a decent alternative naman hehe and they restock fast so until then I'll stick with this muna, kapagod maghanap :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want some limecrime products even though I know it's not a brand that I should be supporting but I'm such a sucker for packaging... I can't hahaha!
    I've never heard of that brand before but the box really does look super medicine-like lol!!
    And pssshhh I don't think I need to make an eyebrow tutorial anymore because your eyebrows are on fleek gurl. <3 hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michellee CheungMar 26, 2015, 6:20:00 AM

    The colour suits you so well~ ^.^ and my gosh, your makeup is perfect <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much for the great review! It looks amazing on you *_*

    ReplyDelete
  6. lime crime's packaging is really one of its stronger points! but be wary from buying at their site, i heard a lot of hacking experiences from forums ;;
    I've never heard of this brand as well until I was desperate for a salem replacement. their other shades are gorgeous too!!


    Ahaha my eyebrows are still inconsistent but I've been practicing lately lol. none of the youtube tutorials i watched really worked.. possibly because everyone's eyebrows are different and im truly a slow learner ~.~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! wow so far I have not been able to prove lime crime ~ feel that their cost is very uplifting, perhaps even worth me know ... that gloss you chose is not very cute !! think I could think of to try, long known that want to get a lipstick or gloss in violet. /// ~ Thanks for the review * - * !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your make up is always on point <3 anyways I would suggest you to search on etsy some sort of "dupe", there are a lot of cheaper choices that are also vegan and whatnot :x

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you as well dear Hotaru ^____^ v

    ReplyDelete
  10. noted! Thanks for the tip Misa!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAPOO That looks amazing, I'm so iffy on trying shades like that, just because I have super dry lips T^T Any recommendation to aid chappy lips? We should catch up too! I've moved into my new place and set up my internet/wifi *3*

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I've fallen in love with your face, and I'm crying right now because your eyebrows are too worthy right now. It's already sold out, I bet everyone purchased it once they saw how great you looked wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello Mia! i always have chappy lips too so what i do is exfoliate them twice a week. I wish I have better advice but I suck on skin care ;;
    I agree, I've been quite busy too. If you have time please document your happenings, i will be so happy to read them on your blog! maybe a room tour when you've settled XDD haha only if you're not busy! moving can be quite stressful ~.~

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so kind!!! my eyebrow make up isn't consistent so i really appreciate it huhu :')
    and waaaa yeah i checked it's sold out~ they even have this policy that a customer can only buy maximum 2 tubes/shade O.O;;

    ReplyDelete
  15. Any advice is great! Thank you!
    Ahh yes there's so much to post already ^^; this week for sure something will be up! In due time too for the room post hehe its so empty atme ;( Hope you're doing well too

    ReplyDelete
  16. All this lip paint/lip tattoo hype makes me want to try it out too! The color suits you so well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh wow, the color is something else I have seen. =)
    But you're so pretty.
    Would be glad if you malbei me would stop by on my blog.
    www.heykasumi.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete