Friday, March 27, 2015

Tokyo 7th Sisters | Tokyo 7th シスターズ


I’ve been meaning to blog about this game for a long time now but my lack of knowledge is what's holding me back~ let me try to do my best!

In the year 2032, the legendary idol unit "7th Sisters" suddenly retired from the industry and disappeared. That was the end of the idol industry... until two years later, when a young glory-seeking girl is appointed to be the leader of Tokyo's next generation idol studio, "777 (Three Seven)", commonly referred to as Nanasuta. However, the city continues to believe that idols are a thing of the past, and Nanasuta is no exception. Their slump continues, but one day a mysterious and beautiful female manager approaches you and says, "If the idols of the past are gone, we'll just have to make new idols! True "sisters" linked by powerful bonds!" The story of the idols of the future, the Nanasuta Sisters, will now unfold.

Tokyo 7th Sisters is an idoru game that is pretty similar with LoveLive. Your role is to be the producer and help these girls become successful idols by honing their skills.
There are two important things you do to level up in this game. First one is Scouting and 2nd one is Live Stage

Scouting is how the story moves forward, where you convince the main characters to join your company. It's like you're walking on the park or street or around akiba and tap the screen wherever you want until one of the main characters show up and you convince her to join you.
Unlike in LoveLive where you have to earn or 'scout' the main characters, here you will eventually unlock them as the story progresses.


Live Stage is where you play the rhythm music part. Their songs are very different from muse which is a breath of fresh air for me haha. Play style is also different where your fingers only need to time the notes, no need to move around the screen. Sounds easy but it took me a while to synchronize my timing so it's pretty challenging.

Personally I think this game is more complicated to play for none japanese readers but it’s repetitive so I’m pretty sure with enough patience you’ll get a hang of it and enjoy. I do love that it’s fully voiced and you can also select your favorite idol to be on your home screen.. The background is also interchangeable! Graphics is obviously awesome too and rival idols are also available for battle.
I haven’t joined any events yet as I’m still starting out haha but I really wish an english version will come out. I only covered the super basic parts and mentioned the stuff I loved about this game. If you need more info visit the official wiki!

The game is available both on iOS (jp) and Android (through qoo-app)





。◕‿◕。 Instagram// Tumblr// Twitter// Facebook// 。◕‿◕。

4 comments:

  1. wow this game looks a lot like love live ! but I do like the fact that you don't have to "pay" to scout. too bad I can't read japanese ; - ;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah i had a hard time knowing the controls but now im used to them :3 they have a lot of cute idols too!! and the hierarchy is not a big deal unlike in LoveLive. If this gets released in English I'm pretty sure a lot of lovelive fans are gonna love this too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really love these kinds of games don't you?? Hahaha!! Well I also like rhythm games (especially if its for free lol) but i really have a hard time understanding if its in another language even if its repetitive, i'm just an idiot hahahah xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. The menu format reminds me of Love Live xD I'll download the app and check it out! I always like looking into rhythm games.

    ReplyDelete